Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

AlphaSquad Dedicated Servers

General discussion about ARMA, the OFP successor.

Re: AlphaSquad Dedicated Servers

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:44 am

Added:
@rh_acc
@rh_pistol_a3

Game remains at previous update. I'm running DEV locally and on another server. Might be better if Firefly updates that when you guys are ready to do so.

UPDATE VIA ARMA3SYNC
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:03 am

I saw your original post. I thought it was clear that the game had not been updated. If you updated via Steam, it was not because you were instructed to do so.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Cruusher_AS » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:06 am

Im in
Cruusher_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:08 am

And seeing as how you managed to get on the server without loading the proper addons... I'll also mention that you need the proper 'key' for the mods added..

You guys should probably force required addons also it seems. :rolleyes:
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:15 am

Suppose they might not be V2 keys.. dunno not running them on my foo. Will have to look later. Maybe Firefly will beat me to it.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:55 am

UPDATE VIA ARMA3SYNC

I added V2 keys for RH foo. Go get your gats.

Sidenote: For whatever reason, the console window does not give as detail information as I see elsewhere. I loaded the mods up, had the same issue, but at least the console said I explicitly didn't have keys for explicit *insert_rh_mod*.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:17 pm

I just got back in town from a weekend on the mountain. A day later than intended. Which is a day late I think.

Shutting things down and doing the needed parts of updating so you guys can utilize the server. Will update this post with whatever is relevant. At a minimum:

SWITCH YOUR STEAM INSTALL TO STABLE BRANCH
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:14 am

Thanks for getting this going Hatchet, I was going to start poking at this tonight.

Just a heads up for folks. It is an 8.8GB download (at least that is what Steam shows me), so plan appropriately.
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:48 am

Some mod foo does need updating (I lied if you saw it, oops lol) I'll also upload a couple more missions from the DevGru doings this past week. One is another large scale mission, the other is another detailed mission.

Be a few, installing ALiVE things.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:52 am

Minor issues with updating today. In the process of sorting that and I think we are good to go. I'll be around this evening, and throughout the weekend. Hopefully get the missions and mods sorted during that time. As I expect most mods to update here soon.

As a sidenote, I dropped the new ACE3 right in on top of the ACE3comp, this is not good practice, and might cause minor hiccups until the comp is released. Should not effect most things.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:57 am

Ok, things are resolved now. Took a couple swings to get things copied to the addon server properly. All is well now.

UPDATE VIA ARMA3SYNC
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Detonator » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:02 pm

Hatchet_AS wrote:I just got back in town from a weekend on the mountain. A day later than intended. Which is a day late I think.

Shutting things down and doing the needed parts of updating so you guys can utilize the server. Will update this post with whatever is relevant. At a minimum:

SWITCH YOUR STEAM INSTALL TO STABLE BRANCH

I no longer seem to have any reference to the Beta versions in my Library/Properties screen re A3, but I don't see any language anywhere that resembles "Stable Branch" is that something specific that I'm overlooking or that I'm supposed to do, or ?

Also, I updated A3Sync this morning, it removed all of the old and installed the new, looks good, but when I try to start the game thru A3Sync, I see the executable load but it never does anything. 10 minutes later it's still sitting with very,very few processor cycles. ;63

Couldn't find the smiley for shooting myself in the head ;)
Detonator
Donator

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:08 pm

All should be working as expected now. Mods included.

Updated:
ACE3 (3.6.1)
ALiVE (1.1.0)

Updated the large mission as there was some 'requiredMods' buffoonery. Will update the others later on.

UPDATE VIA ARMA3SYNC
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Det, I think all the references to the Release Candidates and other "special versions" went away when the pushed the full release on Monday -- I certainly did not see them. I do not have Steam in front of me at the moment, but I believe that on the "betas" tab you want to select to opt out or use the default version (I forget the wording, but it is the top option). You probably also want to change the update behavior to "Automatically Update" (or whatever the actual phrase/wording is). That should trigger an ~8.8 GB download of the new full version. Sadly it does not say "stable branch" or anything similar that I saw.

After the update finished I had no trouble launching from A3Sync and my desktop shortcut, so I am not sure what you issue there might be. Maybe it is somehow related to your not updating yet??

I think the smiley you are looking for is ;badnade ;55

Good luck, I should be on most evening tonight, and may actually have some real time to play on Sunday. ;banana
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Detonator wrote:I no longer seem to have any reference to the Beta versions in my Library/Properties screen re A3, but I don't see any language anywhere that resembles "Stable Branch" is that something specific that I'm overlooking or that I'm supposed to do, or ?

Also, I updated A3Sync this morning, it removed all of the old and installed the new, looks good, but when I try to start the game thru A3Sync, I see the executable load but it never does anything. 10 minutes later it's still sitting with very,very few processor cycles. ;63

Couldn't find the smiley for shooting myself in the head ;)

Those entries in Steam no longer exist as there is no need for them. There is simply Stable and DEV. Stable as I mentioned yesterday, equates to 'not opting in' to any beta's.

Also, whenever you do actually switch between major branches (not always though..), you need to actually start the game via Steam once, and exit cleanly. This should fix your launch issue. You might also have arma3.exe processes running in the background, should kill those before running via Steam once.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

PreviousNext

Return to ARMA :: Main Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts