Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

Arma Patches

General discussion about ARMA, the OFP successor.

Re: Arma Patches

Postby Buehgler_AS » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:32 am

The "r0" thing is VERY odd. There are a couple of options that may work...

1) Try the "verify and repair mods" option from the top left drop down menu.
If that does not resolve things
2) right click on one of the "bad" mods and select "open in explorer". This will open the folder containing the mod. Now navigate up one folder (should be a folder named "servermods" or maybe something else you chose). Delete the offending mod folders (@ACE, @ACEX, @ACEX_USNavy, and @CBA). Click on the profile line in SU ("Server AlphaSquad.net...."). those items should all be blue now. Go to the top and use "install or update" to re-install them.

FYI, we keep a "private" distribution of the ACE mod to help with server/client compatibility, and to avoid everyone needing to track "hotfixes". That is why these mods are not stored in your top level directory. But they can/should not "conflict" with the versions you have in the top level.

Good luck
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Jackal_AS » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:51 am

Thanks!

I already tried the suggestion of deleting and trying to re-install the mods, which still failed, but have not yet tried the suggestion of verifying and repairing the mods.

Can I just copy the green top level mods into the server mods folder as a last resort?

Thanks in advance!

Jackal
"And the Navy SEAL stared across the SEa, Air and Land, waiting for the next war to begin."
Jackal_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Jackal, you can copy the updated folders down from the top level. But you really should not need to do this, and it really does not make sense that it only affected this small set of mods. Questions I would ask... Are you running some AV software? Is there a chance it is conflicting with SU's ".yml" or ".gz" files? Did you do any "special" configuration of SU? (maybe post a picture of your SU "options" settings) Did you manually set a "server mods folder" for the AS servers in the SU "server browser" tab? is that folder "bad"?

Hope you can get this resolved, it really should not be this complex :(
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby kklownboy_AS » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Hmmm, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... ost2291049

I have run into some XEH errors, and dbl backpack etc...

I am on the 101344, and will be trying 101480.

Not sure about updating CBA_CO yet...
Last edited by kklownboy_AS on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Jackal_AS » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Buehgler_AS wrote:Jackal, you can copy the updated folders down from the top level. But you really should not need to do this, and it really does not make sense that it only affected this small set of mods. Questions I would ask... Are you running some AV software? Is there a chance it is conflicting with SU's ".yml" or ".gz" files? Did you do any "special" configuration of SU? (maybe post a picture of your SU "options" settings) Did you manually set a "server mods folder" for the AS servers in the SU "server browser" tab? is that folder "bad"?

Hope you can get this resolved, it really should not be this complex :(

I am all set, running on WIN 8, except for being busier than a three titted with my work!

Cheers!

Jackal
"And the Navy SEAL stared across the SEa, Air and Land, waiting for the next war to begin."
Jackal_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby kklownboy_AS » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:26 pm

we have a new Beta, will test abit. http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

The best part of the Betas is the A2CCP stuff https://dev-heaven.net/projects/arma-2-ccp/roadmap

For those of you who need help with installing a Beta manually ; just delete the folder named Beta in your ".../ARMA2/Expansion" folder. Then run the Beta.exe, and Say yes to all the promps.

You can rename the Beta folder(I do) instead of deleting, just to have it for fall back.
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:41 pm

They fixed some major stutter/desync foo in the latest DEV builds (1.43/44) which will be 1.42 on the 8th.. which is almost too far out. Be happy when we can update to that. Think I'm going DEV mode again here for a bit.

1.4 is stable with the RC2 performance patch. Although I don't think it addresses other things like gear loss and the other one that hurts Robalos doings.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:25 pm

[10:24:03 AM] David Foltyn: so, it seems 1.43 DEV is fixing more of issues than expected, i recommend it now more than STABLE and PROFILING branches ;)

Just checked the Tracker, looks like your issues are fixed in current DEV Robalo. Along with the 'stance' modifier foo.

*edit/update*
Stance modifier stuff is still wrong. I added to the ticket after rolling forward to current DEV branch. Not sure what these guys don't understand about this. They just shouldn't have messed with it in the first place. Totally fail when you go changing default controls in a game without clean, logical and explained reasoning.

:cfp:
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Robalo_AS » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:45 am

Yes it's shaping up nicely. They fixed the most critical bugs that bothered me and added some nice AI enhancements. But on the other side they still keep breaking stuff like internal functions messing up scripts and missions using them.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:02 am

We will do some testing, there is no hurry to do anything here. Lets call for a time for squad members to show and play/test. This weekend is good for me starting Friday night. I Think the update would require Robolo to be present. Give us your best time to be here Rob and members will show up...guaranteed

sending PM's
“That’s what I’ve been – I say, that’s what I’ve been telling you, boy!”
Splint

Postby Chief_AS » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Bought Arma 3 DLC bundle pack today, which included the marksmen, helicopters and Karts content. Just under £17. Then switched to the dev' build 1.43 to enjoy the new content. One word.....smashing!

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932; Power Supply: Coolermaster Real Power M850; Processor: Core i7 920 (overclocked to 4.00Ghz) 8MB Cache Socket 1366; CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra 120;Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 Ti AMP edition;Monitor: Iiyama ProLite XB2779QS 27-inch @2560x1440 resolution;
Memory: 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz C9 Triple Channel; Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe Socket 1366; SSD: Crucial 512Gb MX100 SSD; Hard Disk Drive: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 32MB Cache SATA 300; Windows 8.1; Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard; TrackIr 4; Saitek X52 Pro Flight System Controller; Logitech G25 Racing Wheels and Pedals; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; Sony Wireless Headphones; Logitech USB Desktop Microphone; Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard
Chief_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:36 pm

Yeah, I'm actually running my own server right now (8 players last night..). Too much crying here relating to 'keeping up' with the DEV stuff, or mod testing. So I'll likely be doing on that server until things catch up here. Which will be the 8th of next month I guess. Although that still won't cover all the other Mod testing I'm doing currently.

I lost a SSD, so I dont have my typical 3-4 ArmA installs. So meh.. all is well. Marksmen stuff is really nice, I'm starting to sort bipod/silencer things also.

Another interesting leak of information for the programming types:
https://twitter.com/maruksp/status/578893382493335553
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Just for clarity, when I say 'crying' it's not a personal attack. Rather I just understand that some of you guys just aren't interested, in keeping up. As it is a somewhat constant process of things being broken or not working just right along with updating. Which I get is annoying, because it's not as seamless and functional as we've grown accustomed to in A2.

ArmA is not fun when it's work. And Robalo manages most of that here these days, so I'm certainly not going to try to sway or create more work for him or anyone else not interested on riding the edge. No hard feelings in that regard. Granted I wish we had a few more technical people around that would make that more manageable.

That being said, the time I put into development stuff is being addressed in the DEV branches, and as such that is where I need to be doing. Hence rolling another server. I would like to be playing here on the weekends and may still downgrade to do such. But it's not hard for me to pull several players to jump on my box, running various modsets between games and keeping up on the current DEV things.

Hopefully 1.42 will be stable enough for things to move forward here. But again, thats not until the 8th or so. And there are no guarantees that it will be proper either. See current 1.38 vs. 1.40, or Rob's comments regarding other things breaking.

Might I suggest some DCS or Insurgency gameplay while BI stabilizes things. At least those are easy to jump into and just play. Well.. maybe not DCS for most. But Insurgency is an excellent FPS game. Very much like our old GR days.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Chief_AS » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:29 pm

Don't mind playing some insurgency

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932; Power Supply: Coolermaster Real Power M850; Processor: Core i7 920 (overclocked to 4.00Ghz) 8MB Cache Socket 1366; CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra 120;Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 Ti AMP edition;Monitor: Iiyama ProLite XB2779QS 27-inch @2560x1440 resolution;
Memory: 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz C9 Triple Channel; Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe Socket 1366; SSD: Crucial 512Gb MX100 SSD; Hard Disk Drive: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 32MB Cache SATA 300; Windows 8.1; Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard; TrackIr 4; Saitek X52 Pro Flight System Controller; Logitech G25 Racing Wheels and Pedals; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; Sony Wireless Headphones; Logitech USB Desktop Microphone; Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard
Chief_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:06 am

More credible DEV stuff, it's unfortunate Robalo isn't in these channels having input, but he'll get to deal/work with it anyway. Haha..

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... ost2903326
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

PreviousNext

Return to ARMA :: Main Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts