Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

Servers (Information/Scheduling)

General discussion about ARMA, the OFP successor.

Servers (Information/Scheduling)

Postby Hatchet_AS » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:39 pm

To all operators,

In an effort to keep things moving in a forward direction and help ensure everyone is on the same page relating to gameplay/scheduling and etc., please take a moment to review and reply to this post.

Let me start by acknowledging the fact that we are aware there are questions and concerns relating to various aspects of gameplay on the server currently. Hopefully this post will answer and address most of those. Our goal has always been, and will always continue to be; ensuring we have a quality gaming experience for all players on our servers.

That being said, it is worth noting that right now we have to deal with some technical issues that inherently make things challenging. A working example being the 'lack of proper missions' on the servers right now. Again, something we are fully aware of and working daily to resolve. We just ask new players keep things in perspective (this is an Alpha), and know we are working to resolve this specific issue as quickly as possible (again, inherently challenging..).

Assuming there is something worth playing on the servers, the next questions people usually have are, "When do you guys play?" or "When do you play missions?" or "Do you have any scheduled events?".

Well, first and foremost, we play whenever we are around and are not preoccupied with development or RL things. Historically, here at Alpha Squad, most members will be on TS if they are available to play. We encourage all other players to do the same. We have status channels explicitly for this purpose. Many members/players check the website to see if anyone is on TS before logging in. Worth noting, we do quite a bit of dev stuff here, so it's not unusual for several of us to be on TS but not playing (this is normal). Again use the channels provided on TS.

When do we play missions? Technically speaking, every time we play. That being said, there has always been, and always will be debate as to what exactly a 'mission' is ... which we will not get into here. Generally speaking though, we run a few different types of missions.

Missions, which are the typical 1,2,3 objectives. Firefights, which are single objective missions to eliminate all OPFOR (we use for testing quite regularly). And persistent missions, which are much larger in scale and usually provide various types of submissions and gameplay options. There are no rules relating to what is to be played or when, it is purely a situational decision made amongst the player currently on the server. With exception to the following.

Scheduled Events, we have a forum specifically for things we have scheduled. We do not schedule regular gameplay. It has always been, and will likely remain a 'come and play' environment on our servers. That being said, we understand the importance and desire for scheduled events. And as such we are currently running the mission chalks once again, and are looking to better accommodate new players with a more diverse set of regular events.

The absolutely critical piece needed for us to pursue scheduling new events, whether it be for mission play, testing, training or otherwise ... is Feedback! We need to know when you normally play. And at the same time we'd like to know what you enjoy playing.

So help us help you, please reply to this thread with your normal/ideal gaming hours. And additionally if you'd like, let us know what kinds of missions you like playing. This is not a topic for debate, so please keep your reply on topic and relative to the conversation.

We look forward to things going into ArmA3, and are truly excited to have some new and old faces around. Let's get the info posted so we can get things sorted and rolling.

;mg

-Hatchet
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Re: Servers (Information/Scheduling)

Postby Burton_AS » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:08 pm

My gaming-time is usually from 10 pm to 1am (UTC+1). On special occasions I can extend.

Prefer doing missions with objectives (in and out), i.e. not completing by killing all. CSAR or infiltration (perhaps even stealth) are preferred too. What I personally do NOT prefer is defense-missions.

Basically I prefer having to move tactically utilising the strong points of different roles in the group, MG, sniper, cqb etc.

Hope this helps.

/Burton
"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"
Burton_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 am

I am typically available 0030-0500 UTC Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday. Tuesday and Wednesday are less predictable, and Saturdays are out for the foreseeable future.

My preferences are much like Burton's, and I am happy to lead/organize players that want to listen/follow provided I am not totally burnt out from doing that at work.
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:12 am

Due to unforeseen things at work my schedule is going to change.
Available all day Tuesdays 1700 to 0530 UTC, and Wednesdays 1700 to 2200 UTC. Friedays 0030 to 0530 UTC and Saturdays 0030 to 0730 UTC.

I will be able to join all Squad meetings via a smartphone app. I believe my preferences are known. I will lead with no reservations, but I must insist on a mission debrief. A thread for that purpose could also be discussed.
“That’s what I’ve been – I say, that’s what I’ve been telling you, boy!”
Splint

Postby kklownboy_AS » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Always available unless I'am not. No set scheduled, will adjust my time for the majority.

kk
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Chief_AS » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:27 pm

I am available for gaming Mon-Thurs 19:00-23:00 GMT. Fri 18:00-01:00 GMT. Sat 16:00-01.00 GMT and Sun 16:00 to 23:00 GMT.

My mission preferences are much the same as Burton's and Beuhglers. In addition, I am happy to lead any missions if necessary, just not everytime I play.
Chief_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Sgt_Hawkins » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:43 pm

I prefer missions that can be completed without firing a shot..I don't enjoy the typical go to point A and kill everything you see until objective complete then go to point B and repeat. My schedule is becoming more relaxed as RL issues are requiring less of my time..Hope to see my friends old and new on the battlefield soon...
Sgt_Hawkins

Postby Hatchet_AS » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Still watching the thread, awaiting more data. Appreciate the reply so far. ;12
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed May 01, 2013 5:53 pm

It would be really nice to see anyone who is serious about playing here in the future, make a post providing the requested information. As again, it is needed and beneficial for all. It is not a commitment of any kind.

Very much appreciate the replies thus far. We really would like to setup some more scheduled times for everyone (especially the EU folks), again just awaiting more input.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 pm

:cfp:
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby silent_op_AS » Sat May 11, 2013 5:54 am

I prefer missions with defined mission objectives. I care more about accomplishing the mission with the team, than killing everything with two legs on the map. No-respawn and no revive are my favored mission settings. Missions with random objectives and random object placements are also always welcomed. I can also lead missions if needed.

Aside from coop missions, I wouldn't mind a good MSO setting. Then the mission objectives are whatever the team wants to do in that particular session.

My mission time realistically is going to be weekends at around 20:00GMT. My weekdays are most likely going to be weeknights, but late, very late. Those late times I could do a mission, but I would also simply talk or do some other side game, to help me rinse the day's work off of me.

silent_op
silent_op_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby QC_AS » Sun May 12, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi,

Your time is my time, if I'm available!

Missions with defined objectives, no-respawn and coordinated tactical plan are my preference. But I'm open for coop mission or others, but with a team with tactical mind!

Frank_QC
QC_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Mon May 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks for the input guys, it is appreciated and being utilized. Right now a topic we are looking to sort is getting more EU players online and playing fairly consistently. And really everyone in the more general sense.

We will make a direct effort to address the EU side of things this week.

On a personal note, it's been nice to play with everyone the last month or so. Really look forward to some 8-12 man missions here in the very near future. See if we can get things flowing, as there are many things to do in moving forward.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby LigHtsPeEd » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:34 pm

I'd like to be part of this from now on.
LigHtsPeEd

Postby Robalo_AS » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:57 pm

A couple hours in the evenings, which for me would be somewhere in between the 1700 - 2200 Zulu interval, is what would work well for me. I miss the good ole' small-sized missions with no respawns, where we would do our best to accomplish a few objectives and survive, or we would die, fail and retry. But I also think we have achieved a very nice setup for the persistent games in Arma2 with our custom MSO's and would love to see something like that on Arma3.

I'm on a rotating shift schedule, only every 4th week being the same, working a lot of week-ends. Was really looking forward to my summer vacation but the plans have just changed, because I'm moving to a new job in about 2 weeks. It's very exciting news for me though and I will hopefully get more time and a "normal" schedule in the future.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Next

Return to ARMA :: Main Forum

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts