Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

Arma Android Development

The forum dedicated to creating missions for ARMA. Share your missions and your knowledge to others here !

Re: Arma Android Development

Postby Firefly_AS » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:25 am

Thanks to Jackal for testing. We were able to get it working for him. You will need to install the 32bit version of the Visual Studio 2013 pack here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784

I'll work on trying to compile a version that doesn't need this later, but for testing now it's probably preferred. Not sure whether to post this up on the BIS forums yet or wait... I'll see. Obviously there's still a lot of work to do testing and adding more features.
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Jackal_AS » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:43 am

Awesome work, here is a screenshot:

"And the Navy SEAL stared across the SEa, Air and Land, waiting for the next war to begin."
Jackal_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby kklownboy_AS » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:55 pm

wow cool, now we need better icons, and some transparency.
Visualising the individual bitplanes of hashing-functions
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Jackal_AS » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:47 pm

I think firefly has been very transparent :)
"And the Navy SEAL stared across the SEa, Air and Land, waiting for the next war to begin."
Jackal_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Firefly_AS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:29 am

New version on dropbox adds weather information. Posted on BIS forums to get more testers.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... -Arma-3%29
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby kklownboy_AS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:49 pm

wow! very neato
Visualising the individual bitplanes of hashing-functions
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Robalo_AS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Made some progress:

1. Made sure to open the ports in firewall by adding explicit rules in Advanced Windows Firewall.
2. Created an empty addons folder inside @Arma2Net in order to have it show up in the game's expansion list (I use the in-game menu to enable/disable mods).

The actions above fixed the game freezing but the app is still not working.
Arma2Net log:

Code: Select all
09/14/2014 09:32:34 Arma2NET initializing on CLR 4.0.30319.18444
09/14/2014 09:32:34 Loading addins
09/14/2014 09:32:34 Loading addin assembly from D:\Games\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Arma2NET\Addins\Arma2NETConnect\Arma2NETConnectPlugin.dll
09/14/2014 09:32:34 Failed to load addins
09/14/2014 09:32:35 System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Arma2Net.AddinManager.LoadAddins() in e:\patrick\my documents\visual studio 2013\projects\arma2net\arma2net\addinmanager.cpp:line 69
   at Arma2Net.Bridge..cctor() in e:\patrick\my documents\visual studio 2013\projects\arma2net\arma2net\bridge.cpp:line 85
09/14/2014 09:32:35 Failed to invoke function Arma2NETConnect ['datetime,2035,7,6,12,00,02,15']
09/14/2014 09:32:35 System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot locate addin Arma2NETConnect
   at Arma2Net.AddinManager.InvokeAddin(String name, String args, Int32 maxResultSize) in e:\patrick\my documents\visual studio 2013\projects\arma2net\arma2net\addinmanager.cpp:line 111
   at Arma2Net.Bridge.InvokeFunction(SByte* output, Int32 outputSize, SByte* function) in e:\patrick\my documents\visual studio 2013\projects\arma2net\arma2net\bridge.cpp:line 108
09/14/2014 09:32:35 Failed to invoke function Arma2NETConnect ['weather,0.3,0.3,0,0,0,-1,5.47593e-005,-1,0.1,-1,0.3,-1,0.21,-1,1.88296,-1,344.098,-1,0,-1']
09/14/2014 09:32:35 System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot locate addin Arma2NETConnect
   at Arma2Net.AddinManager.InvokeAddin(String name, String args, Int32 maxResultSize) in e:\patrick\my documents\visual studio 2013\projects\arma2net\arma2net\addinmanager.cpp:line 111
   at Arma2Net.Bridge.InvokeFunction(SByte* output, Int32 outputSize, SByte* function) in e:\patrick\my documents\visual studio 2013\projects\arma2net\arma2net\bridge.cpp:line 108
09/14/2014 09:32:36 Failed to invoke function Arma2NETConnect ['datetime,2035,7,6,12,00,03,16']

No other log mentioned in the troubleshooting section was created.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Firefly_AS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks, see the "Mission Mod Editing" channel in Teamspeak for an updated plugin DLL. This one is compiled against .NET Framework 4.5 which should get around this issue. Just download it and overwrite the DLL file in the following folder: @Arma2NET\Addins\Arma2NETConnect

Let me know if it works.
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:43 am

OK, have android(Samsung Galaxy 3. something) and downloads when are you available Fire? Tomorrow nite is good or now.
“That’s what I’ve been – I say, that’s what I’ve been telling you, boy!”
Splint

Postby Firefly_AS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Tonight (Thursday) should work. I'll try to catch you.
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:29 am

After we got everything installed I was hopeful. However it seems the I am continuing to wait for "Arma game connection" after selecting GPS/Map. I have a gps and a navipad. The time function displays. I'm guessing because I have loaded ASMODS that the gps will not connect. I will try vanilla the next chance I get. Its late and I have to give the phone back to my daughter in the morning. Thanks for the step by step Fire.

Much Appreciated,
sp

ps. I will get back to you with more data asap.

Edit; Sky, wind, Humidity, fog, Waves are all updating continuously

Date: Jun 24, 2035
Time:12:26::59 PM and counting....YAY!!!
Great job Firefly! I can only conclude that the GPS/map function does not work because the GPS was removed
“That’s what I’ve been – I say, that’s what I’ve been telling you, boy!”
Splint

Postby Firefly_AS » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Hmm interesting, yeah try only loading in those two mods perhaps and try again? That should fix it. Glad it's working.
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Robalo_AS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:47 am

Splint_AS wrote:I can only conclude that the GPS/map function does not work because the GPS was removed

You should test before jumping to conclusions. The GPS was not removed at all. I doubt Firefly made his check based on the on-screen visibility of the GPS HUD.

I got it to work after using the dll from TS channel. The map showed up and indicated my location but every few seconds it disappeared and said waiting for arma connection, then came back on it's own. After about a minute, app crashed. I could not start it again because it got stuck in "Unfortunately, Arma Connect has stopped". I press OK, same thing. Logs: http://ge.tt/2u1tVBy1/v/0
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Firefly_AS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:33 pm

if ("ItemGPS" in assignedItems player) then {

It doesn't look like there are any errors in either log file which is good. I'm guessing perhaps the wireless connection got low or maybe it got disconnected for a moment. I'll look into it some more. Glad we got that other issue figured out though. ;12

Robalo_AS wrote:
Splint_AS wrote:I can only conclude that the GPS/map function does not work because the GPS was removed

You should test before jumping to conclusions. The GPS was not removed at all. I doubt Firefly made his check based on the on-screen visibility of the GPS HUD.

I got it to work after using the dll from TS channel. The map showed up and indicated my location but every few seconds it disappeared and said waiting for arma connection, then came back on it's own. After about a minute, app crashed. I could not start it again because it got stuck in "Unfortunately, Arma Connect has stopped". I press OK, same thing. Logs: http://ge.tt/2u1tVBy1/v/0
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Robalo_AS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:08 pm

How much bandwidth is needed ? Got a pretty strong Wifi signal on it and it also streaming Radio Paradise at 192Kbps without interruptions so it doesn't look like bandwidth would be a issue.

If you're looking to expand the options, check out my hasGPS function. Feel free to customize and pick
whatever you find suitable from it.

//#define DEBUG_MODE_FULL
#include "script_component.hpp"
#define __ISUAVTERM [(configFile>>"CfgWeapons">>_x),(configFile>>"CfgWeapons">>"UavTerminal_base")] call CBA_fnc_inheritsFrom

private "_has";
_has = false;

//check if GPS in player's inventory
if ("ItemGPS" in (assignedItems _this) || "ItemGPS" in (items _this)) exitWith {true};
// check if player in vehicle with GPS
if (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf (vehicle _this) >> "enableGPS") == 1) exitWith {true};
//check for other GPS type equipment or UAV terminals
{ if (getText (configFile>>"CfgWeapons">>_x>>"simulation") == "ItemGPS") exitWith {_has = true} } forEach (assignedItems _this);
{ if (__ISUAVTERM) exitWith {_has = true} } forEach (assignedItems _this);

_has
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

PreviousNext

Return to ARMA :: Mission Editing

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts