Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

How to create a shortcut for testing mods

The forum dedicated to creating missions for ARMA. Share your missions and your knowledge to others here !

How to create a shortcut for testing mods

Postby Firefly_AS » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:20 pm

There were a couple questions today regarding how to test mods and things in Arma 3. There are multiple ways to do this. You can use SixUpdater/PlayWithSix, make shortcuts, or make batch files. I'm not going to cover SixUpdater or PlayWithSix. Shortcuts are good and an easy way to test things. Just make a shortcut to Arma 3 and add in the appropriate mod strings. It's pretty easy but there is a length limit to the total string length for the shortcut. So... if you're loading it lots of mods, you may (probably) run into this limit. Therefore, I would suggest a batch file. They're easy to make and self-contained. Create a text file on your desktop and name it "testing.bat". It really doesn't matter what the name is, as long as you have the .bat ending. Here is what I use as an example:

Code: Select all
@echo off
echo Starting: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
echo From: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\

cd /D "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\"
"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -noSplash -showScriptErrors "-name=firefly2442" "-mod=@CBA_A3;@ASDG_Attachments;@ASDG_JR"

There are a couple things you are going to want to change. First, you need to know where you installed Arma 3. Find that full path location and make the appropriate changes in this example. Second, where it says -name=, you're going to want to change that to your profile name. If you don't know, look in \My Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\. Lastly, change the mod string and put in the mods that you want to load. Make sure they have the "@" symbol on the front and use ";" to split them up. Also make sure the mods are in your root folder for Arma 3. Some mods are downloaded to "servermods" for example via SixUpdater so if you want to use those, you'll have to specify that folder for each mod in the mod string. Basically, use the root Arma 3 folder for testing mods, it's easier. :)

Hope that helps a little. Enjoy.
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Return to ARMA :: Mission Editing

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts