Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

Welcome to the new forums (2012)

General topics related to gaming, our servers, Alpha Squad etc. that would not fit anywhere else.

Welcome to the new forums (2012)

Postby Hatchet_AS » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 pm

To all our friends, guests, and those undefined. Welcome to the new forums. We are currently addressing a few known topics regarding functionality, but all in all everything went pretty smoothly. If you are experiencing any issues or need assistance in utilizing some of the new features, please let us know. We are here to help.

Regarding new features and layout of the site ... there are a few things worth noting. We'll get the head-scratchers out of the way first.

- Linkage, some of the old links may not work. We are updating records to resolve those.

- The UserMenu has been removed. This does not have an overall profound effect, although we are bringing the "View new posts" (the session/cached based one) back. It will be located in the top right next to the current "Mark forums read" link, on the Index page. You can easily access your user panel by selecting your avatar.

- The attachments system is functioning, however, some old attachments may not be "attached". You will still find your attachments in your User Control Panel. We are looking into the root cause, so don't go editing posts just yet. Fortunately only a few of us were using it.

- The front page is not there. Yes, that is correct. Temporary solution inbound, as we are holding a complete front-end system until we can address a couple things. (end of month hopefully) Temp solution within 24hrs.

That's everything I know about as of right now. The rest is pretty much just new stuff. And we hope you like it. Here's a couple that you might find useful.

- The style has finally been updated. ;12
Not only has it been updated, but you have *drum roll* options! Now whether or not you like any of those is my best guess. I have a couple surprises for later, but welcome feedback. Here's how it works.

And before you go clicking on things, know that you will be returned to the index page. This is required so that your preferences are saved correctly. Having said that, the Style Panel on the left hand side of your screen, allows for modification of various things.

style_panel.PNG

dark.PNG

mix.PNG

light.PNG

Images like the ones above can be easily attached to your messages using the Attachment System. You can also manage your attachments from your User Control Panel. The attachments tab is located below the input window when posting. As seen below.

attach.PNG

- The expanded view! While we are maintaining the 960px format primarily for front-end/modern technology fluff ... we decided that spanning that full width would probably make things a little less crowded.

- Increased limits on many things. Uploads/Attachments/Files etc.. Only matters if you use them!

- Things we can't tell you about. ;D

Again welcome,
The Management
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Re: Welcome to the new forums (2012)

Postby Hatchet_AS » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 pm

The "Reset" for the Style Panel is located at the bottom of the page on the left.
Attachments
style_reset.PNG
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:48 am

Dragging arse on the Viewers, hopefully we'll have a smooth integration with our new plan tomorrow. Should be slightly more functional. ^-^
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:35 pm

We will be reorganizing the forums through the weekend. The goal being to improve everyone's viewing experience and get things setup for ArmA3 ventures. So please don't be shocked if things aren't exactly where you're used to seeing them the last few years or decade plus. ;12

Additionally we are still cleaning up a few CSS oddities we're noticing as we utilize things and integrate new mods. Currently looking at a couple more weeks of tweaking, and hopefully we'll have the front-end finalized shortly there after.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Fixed some more random .css stuff. Not sure how much more reorganizing of the forums we'll do.. seems slightly more functional now. Hopefully I can sort a letter that needs to go out to the squad this week with Buehgler. Outside of that, I'll fairly tied up this week.

Let me know if you guys run across anything screwy. The "online" icon is still moving around a bit for me. Anyone else noticing that?
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Firefly_AS » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Is anyone getting occasional database connection error pages when accessing the forums?
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:29 am

I am seeing them on occasion. Mostly about not being able to find the SQL server. But they always seem to resolve themselves quickly.
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Hatchet_AS wrote:*facepalm*

Any chance you can add
Code: Select all
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/MissKayasha/Smileys/1j2q1i.gif
to our set of smilies?
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:02 am

Buehgler_AS wrote:Any chance you can add to our set of smilies?

:fp:
:fp:

While looking around at things and recalling others, I'll probably make a more significant update to these in the near future. I have a couple really nice commercial sets, that would at least unify and make prettier (did you prefer snazzier?), the common ones. Plus there are some good ones for other random and/or not so random emotions. Try to do it with the other couple things I'm aware of currently.

In the meanwhile, you can rapidly access the preferred smilie of choice for all things. Wt.., really?, are you kidding me?, is your brain engaged?, are you serious? or similar moments you might encounter here on the forums. All the while making the tasking of responding to those incidents much more efficient.

Win, win. ;12
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Robalo_AS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 am

We need the captain facepalm too.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Firefly_AS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 pm

lolcatz? ;)
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Firefly_AS wrote:lolcatz? ;)

:cfp:

:cfp:

Was really surprised I couldn't find a better icon. Might just have to make one for the world.
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby kklownboy_AS » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Am i just blind or is there not a front page yet?
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:34 pm

you could have said that in a PM
“That’s what I’ve been – I say, that’s what I’ve been telling you, boy!”
Splint

Postby kklownboy_AS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 am

Splint_AS wrote:you could have said that in a PM
And? Was I talking to you? No I wasn't.