Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

TPWC Suppression Beta Test

General Information, Scheduling, Scoring and everything else related to Alpha Squad Events.

TPWC Suppression Beta Test

Postby Buehgler_AS » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:59 am

Folks the people working on the TPWC Suppression mod recently released a dedicated server beta. This is a server sided mod to enable/improve suppression effects on server controlled AI. I would like to get 4-6 players together to run a few tests with this on the server before we commit to using it. It would be great if folks could commit to a 3-4 hour block of time to allow for sufficient testing. I have listed some candidate times below, pelase respond with your availability and preference to participate in this test.

UPDATE: 3 SEP 2012:

Scheduled Time: 5 SEP 2012 2359Z

Please be ready with your standard US1 preset from SU ready to go. My plan is to play a small mission at least twice, once with the mod active and once without, and evaluate reactions. If we have significant "issues" with any insert we may restart so we can get a better perspective on what is happening. Remember this is a server sided implementation of this mod, so you will not need any additional mods, files, settings on your client.
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Re: TPWC Suppression Beta Test

Postby Buehgler_AS » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:01 am

I am 95+% certain I can attend any of the times on 3, 4, or 5 SEP. If the times on the 7 or after are preferred by most, I will do my best to make those work.
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:46 am

I'm game. This week will be fairly chill for me, bar moving site stuff and whatnot. Work should be minimal. As I'm supposedly on vacation.

-Hatch
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Folks, if you are interested in this mod, please indicate the times you are available to help test it. If you think it is a bad idea, speak up. Otherwise I am just going to presume people have no interest in what we run on the server.
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Riouken » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:59 pm

I could help you out on the 5th if you need an extra hand.
Riouken

Postby kklownboy_AS » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:13 pm

already have a shortcut. Whenever you set it up. How about today? And the 5th?
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Firefly_AS » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Sep 5th and all days after work for me. Or today.
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Burton_AS » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Would very much like to participate in test like this regarding this or future mods. Unable to join for this session though.
/Burton
"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"
Burton_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:55 pm

It looks like 5 SEP 2012 2359 is the best time for everyone.

I have updated the top post, with details for this test. If you have a preferred/interesting small mission (something we can platy in ~1hr) you think would be a good candidate for this test, please post your suggestions here.

Thanks
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:17 am

Hmm.. my preference would be to test it against with ASR_AI only. As in no AI controlling type thingies outside of that. So in thinking that direction, perhaps a more direct but simple mission might be in order.

Just run some AI at us and lets see how they react. Easy enough. (well, slightly more advanced, but that's my overall thought.)

-Hatch
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Hatchet_AS wrote:Hmm.. my preference would be to test it against with ASR_AI only. As in no AI controlling type thingies outside of that.

Same thought here, thus my desire to use a "simple" mission (e.g. something from Sander).

Just run some AI at us and lets see how they react. Easy enough. (well, slightly more advanced, but that's my overall thought.)

That would be great. If you have time to make something along those lines before we gather tonight that would be very good. If not, I am thinking to start with the Sander BAF "defend the FOB" mission on Takistan -- but I can not remember it's name right now.

EDIT: First choice mission we will use is "BAF Residential Section". Second choice is "BAF Half Inched". Both are "defend" style missions and should let us use lots of suppressing fire over decent distances.

@Hatchet, if you have time to throw together a quicky CQB defend, I that would be round out the cases we look at.
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Meh today? Lol, guess that would be correct. Not likely to have time as it is, actually uploading website stuff and whatnot. Thinking that's way more important currently. ;)

Good to go though, and those are good missions, so well enough.

-Hatch
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby kklownboy_AS » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:29 pm

not today..the 5th?
kklownboy_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:06 am

Not today (the 4th), but rather tomorrow (the 5th). I picked the whole 2359Z thing to avoid the whole which day does midnight go with confusion. As I type this we are a bit under 25hrs from running this test.
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this evening, as I have a commitment.
“That’s what I’ve been – I say, that’s what I’ve been telling you, boy!”
Splint

Next

Return to Alpha Squad Events

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts