Welcome Anonymous !

Alpha Squad US TeamSpeak Viewer

TPWC Suppression Beta Test

General Information, Scheduling, Scoring and everything else related to Alpha Squad Events.

Re: TPWC Suppression Beta Test

Postby Buehgler_AS » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:26 am

Thanks to everyone that helped test this out tonight. We saw a few small anomalies, but when things were working correctly it really enhanced the performance of the AI. We are going to run this on US1 for a while and see how it does.
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:53 am

Yep pretty good with things setup the right way. Seemingly even worked under the burdened Alibad mission. The "god mode" AI here and there is rather concerning, seeing as how that can completely break any mission. Although I still bet you can handcuff them!

Many thanks to those who did manage to make it. Think we had 8 on server at one point.

-Hatch
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:34 pm

From my observations we were losing ~1-2 FPS on the server when running this on the BAF mission we were using as our test case.

I am very concerned about the appearance of "god tangos" (indestructible AI), but I was also concerned that under particular lighting conditions the AI seemed unwilling to engage us.

PLEASE let us know if you see any indestructible AI in any missions.

PLEASE let us know if you see tangos behaving in a excessively passive manner.

Thanks
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Hatchet_AS » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:38 pm

It seems almost like the percentage in ASR regarding the AI sight at dusk/dawn/night was a little high. Rob and I talked about it before. It seemed pretty acceptable in the past, but seemed a little more restricted when we tested.

In all fairness though, we were also fighting insurgents. Regulars would have been even that much more aggressive. So meh, everything worked as I expected when we went to full daylight.

-Hatch
Hatchet_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Robalo_AS » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 pm

1. ACE wounding bug regarding idestructible AI should be fixed.
2. Check userconfig for ASR_AI for the nightspotting value, maybe tweak that a little. 30% spotting might be a little too much reduction, try 50% (value 0.5).

Also the TPW userconfig could be tweaked a little, min skill should be 0.1, reveal disabled.
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Firefly_AS » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Ahhh, I liked the indestructible AI, that was kinda funny. ^_^
Firefly_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Buehgler_AS » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Hatchet_AS wrote:It seems almost like the percentage in ASR regarding the AI sight at dusk/dawn/night was a little high. Rob and I talked about it before. It seemed pretty acceptable in the past, but seemed a little more restricted when we tested.

I am sorry, but I think you are forgetting the last two dawn tests we did. Both were at the exact same time, against the same insurgent AI, both with ASR_AI active. With the suppression mod active the AI never engaged at greater than ~400 m, with the suppression mod deactivated the AI were quite happy to return fire and suppress us from 5-600+ m. ASR_AI was exactly the same in both cases. This very much makes me think there is some subtle conflict here that we are not aware of.

I agree that this change in behavior was not nearly as clear when the sun was up. I know there are some checks about sun angle in the suppression mod, but I thought they only impacted the LOS module which only runs on "close" targets (<150-200m I think). There is a chance those were adversely impacting the AI performance at dawn.

I did look through the debug messaging/marker parts of the code, and I strongly suspect there is at least one race condition that could explain why the debug stuff just stopped working after a while. However I have not had a chance to test that theory at all.

[I'll grab/push the ACE update ASAP]
Buehgler_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:53 am

Just encountered another indestructible on takistan mso latest version with Cruusher and Boxter. AI are engaging at noted 680 meters daytime, but generally around 500 meters. Will update this post. Also being damaged numerous from hind rockets landing 340 meters away. it was so weird he kept making passes on probably some indestructible AI. Eventually the damage killed me Every time a rocket exploded I would lurch and need band aids. Definitely 340 meters from my position and next to a bunker under cover.
“That’s what I’ve been – I say, that’s what I’ve been telling you, boy!”
Splint

Postby Robalo_AS » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:51 am

Indestructible AI - is it alive and doing anything ? or is it the old dead standing animation bug ?
Robalo_AS
--------------
--------------

Postby Splint » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:47 am

alive and well and moving
“That’s what I’ve been – I say, that’s what I’ve been telling you, boy!”
Splint

Previous

Return to Alpha Squad Events

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts